My Local Services is part of Lowi Ltd (Lowi), based in the UK. Lowi will never
personal details with any third party.
- Any cookies used on Lowi are 100% anonymous and do not collect any personal information or information that can be used to identify an individual. We utilise first party cookies (originating from us, such as session IDs) and third party cookies (originating from partners such as Google and Facebook).
- If you would like more information about third party cookies and would like to know your options in relation to not having this information used by these companies, then please visit this Google link.
- If you want to opt out of Google Analytics tracking, then you can install a browser add-on which will block any Google Analytic traffic from any website: Google Analytics opt-out.
- We are unable to offer a cookie-free version of our website, as this will affect the functionality and experience of your visit. If you do not want to receive any cookies, then the only option we can offer is not to use our website. To remove any cookies we may have already placed, empty the cookie cache on your browser by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete simultaneously and following the instructions. If this does not work, please consult your browser's help file.
Your personal data
- Lowi will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.
What we need and why we need it
- For people signing up for a My Local Services business listing, we will collect certain data about you including name, address, email, business information and other contact details.
- You may given the opportunity to voluntarily opt in to marketing communications or a newsletter. This can be unsubscribed at any time by selecting the unsubscribe link in any email or by contacting us.
- In order for the successful operation of your business listing, you will need to receive system generated emails such as automated password resets, customer work requests or an annual notification to confirm your details are correct and you still require your listing.
- For anybody leaving a review for a business listed on My Local Services, we will capture your name and telephone number to allow moderation and review verification. Except for your name which you can choose to hide or disclose, no personal details will be published or passed to any third party without your express permission. Published public review content may be republished by the reviewed business for marketing purposes. E.g. the review may be referenced on their own website or social media.
- For any other means of contact by either online, telephone or hardcopy, we may capture name, telephone number and email address to enable us to deal with the enquiry or problem.
- Children under 13 years of age are required to have permission from their parent or legal guardian before disclosing any information on this website.
What do we do with it?
- All the personal data we process is processed by us in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union. No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so. We will not share or sell your data to any third party.
- We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
- No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we will strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How long do we keep it?
- We will keep your personal data (name, address, contact details etc) whilst we are operating our business until we cease trading or until you advise us that you no longer consent to us keeping your data.
What are your rights?
- If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted, save in circumstances where we have a legal obligation or justification to retain data. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
- If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) - ico.org.uk
- Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Steve Richardson who can be contacted on 44333 444 0198 or at firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of the DPO. Our data protection registration number is ZA195062.
Law enforcement and other legal requirements
- Under certain circumstances, Lowi may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Lowi may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, protect the safety of users of the service or the public, or prevent or defend in any wrongdoing of the service.
- We do not store any payment or financial information and use Paypal as a third party payment processor.